Project Concept on paper by January 6 with approximate space budgets computed.
Project reviewed by mentor January 20.
Summary Sheet due January 23.
Presentation will be January 24.
You are being asked to design a retreat you would like to have available as a haven to go to. This is your safe place...a place that you can retreat to when you want to collect yourself to renew your perspective. It can be in the mountains, on a cliff, on a lake or river....or maybe it's a spot on a beach somewhere. Don't worry about whether you could actually purchase the property. Try to visualize a place you have been that you think would be the ideal site for your unique retreat.
There are no requirements on space. How you create the space is up to you. But there are a few criteria you will need to meet.
* You will have someone in class be your collaborator. They become the person you ask for advice when you have a question and you will want them to review your work progress at least twice a week. First review 1-9-2017.
* You will construct a scale model of your retreat. It can be made of cardboard or any other easy to obtain material. It is not a 3d print. It needs to be to scale and you will need to have it constructed so the roof is removeable. It will be part of your presentation as a visual aid.
* You will create a 3d Sketch up drawing of the project.
* You will make a presentation to class of the project that we will record. You will show us your physical model, show us your 3d sketchup drawing, and answer questions we might have. You will do this January 24.
* You will need to understand how the project will be built. To ensure understanding you will create a cross section view which will show foundation support, floor construction, wall construction, roof construction, and insulation. This needs to be seen by the instructor by January 20.
* You will need a summary sheet showing how many square feet of space you have allocated for Floor 1, Floor 2, Garage, Deck, etc. And you will need a list of doors and windows: this means how many at what sizes. I will give you a form to fill out. I need to see this January 23.